11.02.2010

I'm back

With the insane amount of work I have been doing for the business, I haven't had time to even think about crafting. So sad!!! Well, I feel inclined to share some thing with you that has been on my heart - something Dan and I fully intend to do with and for our family. I hope that you will also be inspired!
.............................................................................................................................


It's almost that time of year!




Do you constantly find yourself stressed? Is your goal just to survive the season? Do you hate the long lines, greedy shoppers, and bogus sales?



Let me introduce you to a new way to celebrate Christmas...



What is the advent conspiracy? In a nut shell, the idea is to spend less and give more. Americans spend 4 BILLION on Christmas EVERY YEAR!!! And you wonder why the stores are already putting up Christmas displays. We buy useless things that the recipient doesn't even care about. The idea here is to put time into gifts that build relationships. Maybe it's a date night for your brother and sister-in-law while you babysit their little ones. Maybe it's a family outing. A handmade gift. The possibilities are endless. It's about getting back to the basics and away from the consumerism of Christmas.

If you want more in depth info on what the advent conspiracy is, check out www.adventconspiracy.org

So, why am I bringing this up? Because my husband, children and I are implementing this. Our goal is to build relationships and bless those around us. So, get ready for some great crafts, recipes, and tips for Christmas. There will be ideas from all over the place.

The kids and I will be making our first project tonight! So, get ready!

I hope you will be inspired.

No comments: