6.08.2011

Summer Reading

On my quest to have an activity packed summer, Caden is going to be doing the summer reading program at our local library.  He wins incentive prizes along the way and needs to read 20 hours this summer.  We will be making weekly trips to the library, so I'm going to make the kids some library bags.  Why not something fun to help keep us motivated?

I haven't made them yet, but here are some inspirational tutorials I found.

This one from Beeper Bebe even has a little pocket on the front to hold your library card.  So cute!  Find the tutorial link here.

Here is a very simple tutorial from Anna Maria Horner.

Kitschy Coo has a super cute drawstring backpack tutorial that might work well.

Not sure what I'm going to do yet.  Suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the spot for the library card on the front - that's such a good idea!

Andrea
www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

A'n'G Johnson said...

how fantastic. I love the first one. And I agree with Andrea --- library card holder is genius!