7.01.2011

Potato Salad Recipe - Best EVER!

With the 4the of July right around the corner, I am crazy busy getting ready.  We're actually celebrating with friends tomorrow.  

This potato salad is worthy of sharing.  I usually HATE potato salad... especially from the grocery store deli.  YUCK!  This one is awesome.  Check it out.

Ingredients:
4-5 eggs
5-6 medium potoates
3/4 cup mayo
2 tsp. mustard
1 tsp. vinegar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tsp. sugar
1 green pepper (or 1 cup celery) chopped
1 small onion finely chopped or grated
paprika for color
salt and pepper

*Double the sauce for a single recipe because it is a bit too dry.  If you are doubling the recipe (as I did below), triple the sauce.

Boil your eggs and peel them.

This recipe calls for regular potatoes, but I used red potatoes so I wouldn't have to peel them.  You'll just need more than 5-6 as they are smaller.  I used about 20 potatoes for a double batch.
Cut your potatoes into cubes and boil until tender but not mushy!

 Once your potatoes are done, drain and let cool.


In a small bowl, add your mayo.

Then mustard.


Then vinegar.

Then milk and sugar.
Mix until smooth.

 You can simply chop your onion, but I grated it because there will be a lot of kids eating this.  I figure it might just help with the "I don't like onions" issue. ;)

 Finely chop your green pepper and add it to the sauce.  Add some salt and pepper to taste.  Stir.

Cut up your eggs (I sliced them once length wise and then thinly width wise).

Poor your sauce over the top.

Stir.

Put it in a pretty bowl and be amazed!  Trust me, it's not just a boring potato salad!



1 comment:

chris said...

This looks delicious!