1.16.2011

Sew and Tell: A fun competition

*I'm scaling this down a bit.

Many of you may be aware that my husband has been out of work for 9 months now. Thankfully, we also own and run a photography business in Milwaukee that is keeping us afloat while we wait for another job. I say all of this because my necessary frugality sparked an idea. It's something I'm calling Sew and Tell.

So, here's the idea behind it. You have one week in which to make an outfit (it can be for yourself, your child, whoever). The goal is to create something that is adorable and yet affordable.

However, there are a couple of guidelines. All of the materials used must be from your stash or from thrifted items. Obviously, you can buy thread. But, no store bought buttons, zippers, etc. Those must come from your stash or the thrift store.

The fun part, there will be a prize! I'm still working out the details of what exactly this will be. If you are interested in being a contributor of one of the prizes, let me know. There will also be a judge that will be selecting one winner. The winner will be announced the following week. However, please let me know if you would like to participate by Jan. 28th.

I will give you further details if there is enough interest.

You can contact me at: frebyrds1@gmail.com
If you have any questions, please just ask.

Once I know if there is enough interest, I will set up the dates.

No comments: