2.07.2011

Coolest Tip EVER!

This weekend we went to my parents house to celebrate family birthdays and, because we live in WI, the Superbowl (even though I could careless.  About the Superbowl that is.).

My daughter decided to color a picture at my parents dining room table with a permanent marker.  Well, it bled through onto the table. The worst part, my dad's boss (who he wants to truly impress), is coming over for dinner on Tuesday.  In a moment of crises we came up with only one resolution.  A table cloth.  Not the best choice.

After doing a quick search online, we found the answer.  I assure you!  It WORKS!

COLGATE!  However, use the plain white paste.  It works better than this stuff.

Put a generous amount of toothpaste on the permanent marker
With a cloth, start scrubbing.

Then, watch it disappear.

Here is what was left.  The white toothpaste will remove this too.  I plan on picking up a tube to get the rest off.

Amazing, right?


8 comments:

chris said...

Depending on the surface marked, rubbing alcohol will also remove permanent marker, like on plastic toys or laminate surfaces.

Heather said...

This works on pen marks too. I have used it to clean many walls!!

Amy said...

WOW! Amazing tip... I have some lovely sharpie artwork on the white molding that I could not scrub off.. This is perfect thanks.

Emily Anne Knight Williamson said...

Who knew?
Thanks for sharing!

Denise Bruce of Ingleside said...

Hi, this is a wonderful tip :) i just told my sis. She wants me to ask you if there's a trick to get rid of the white circles on a dining room table?
thank you:)
Denise of Ingleside, PEI

The Funny Farm said...

you can also use hair spray. it works great, I just used it yesterday as a matter of fact

Deidre said...

Denise... I'm not sure about the white circles. But, it's toothpaste. It can't hurt to try!

Mama-Inski said...

mayo will get rid of water circles on tables :) thx for this tip! gonna file it for future reference (with a soon-to-be toddler, i'm sure i'll need it!)... gonna go venture through your site now ;)