2.15.2011

Valentines Letters and weight loss.

What an insane few days I have had!  As the coordinator for our MOPS group, I took on a big task of contacting all of the husbands and having them write letters or cards to their wives.  It was a chore getting a hold of each of them, but what a great group of guys!  Every one of them sent a letter and I was able to surprise every mom with a letter from their husband.  Some of them went as far as to include a gift, a poem, a letter with pictures of their family, etc.  Insane!  It was amazing to see such smiles and tears!


Dan had been helping me complete this task by contacting some of the guys for me so their wives wouldn't know.  I didn't think anything of it, but assumed I would be without a letter.  I was honored to find a card from him, shoved into the pile this morning so that I would not be left out.  What a guy!

Last night, after the kids were in bed, Dan and I sat down to our own dinner.  Quiet.  Just the two of us.  No interruptions.  We had ribs, an awesome noodle dish, salad and fruit salad.
Check out this recipe for amazing ribs. 

It was so nice to have a quiet dinner.  I can't even tell you.  4 children make meal times nothing short of LOUD!

How was your Valentines Day?
___________________________________________

On another note.  I'm down 10 pounds!  YAY! I can happily say my fat pants fit me.  Yes, I was too fat for my fat pants.  Now, I'm not.  (can't believe I am admitting that)

So, here are some photos of me.  I'm posting these, not because I'm proud... God knows I'm not!  But for the accountability.  Things seem more real when you share your journey with someone else.  

So, here I am now (can't believe I'm showing you this).  This is me today.  4 children later and 10 pounds less than two weeks ago.

See those pink pants?  Those are the fat pants that are not too small anymore.  ugh.

Here is a picture of me (on the right) when I was in college, right before I met my husband and had four children.  I know I probably will never be that again (it was 10 years ago), but I am hoping to get as close as possible without killing myself.



My work out partner, Liz and I are going to start a crazy intense workout called the idol iron man competition.  We have to bike 112 miles, run 26 miles, swim 2.4 miles in 1 month.  We start on the 1st.  I'm excited for the sweaty nastiness.  Bring it fat self.  Bring it!

I'm working on a super cool anthropologie knock off!  Check back in the next day or two!

7 comments:

chris said...

You're doing great! As a mom of four struggling with baby weight, I'm there with you. :)

Emily said...

Okay I know it's been a while... but are you sure you're not the one on the RIGHT? :)

Deidre said...

what are you? The blog critic? Or just a friend who is smarter than my brain-dead self? haha. Thanks Em. And yes... I'm on the RIGHT.. not the LEFT!

Emily said...

Hey! At least you know someone is carefully reading! :)

Anonymous said...

Nice work on loosing the weight.

Amy said...

WHOOT WHOOT! 10 llbs ...TEN LBS! YES! YOU GO GIRL!

I am doing a Happy Happy dance for you. That is awesome! I am down six. Pretty good for me. My husband has joined as well. We will be starting P90X in a few weeks. ugggh! Lord help me. Keep up the good work. It is awesome when your clothes start to fit differently.
Your friend Liz sounds like an awesome friend!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I definitely know the weight struggle, with 4 kids of my own. BTW, I don't think I ever showed my link back to you for the candy-filled vase. Its from January 31st and it's here: http://kitchenfunk.blogspot.com/2011/01/candy-filled-vase.html Have a great day! ~Lori